Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Luther a descendant of apes?

Cnn.com reports that there is a brewing controversy in Africa about the remains of a boy found in the Dark Continent, cnn.com - "Ancient Boy's Skeleton Sparks Evolution Debate" . One person's comment grabbed my attention, "Whether the bishop likes it or not, Turkana Boy is a distant relation of his," Leakey, who founded the museum's prehistory department, told The Associated Press. "The bishop is descended from the apes and these fossils tell how he evolved."

That got me to thinking am I, Martin Luther, a descendant of apes? I think not, now I have been accused of being related to an ass, but the only thing we have in common is a strong stubborn streak. However, to say that I am related to an ape goes to far. I am no more an ape's descendant than Muhammad is a prophet of God. What baffles me and my handy scribe, who happens to hold a degree in the Biological Sciences, is that people can insist that Evolution is a fact.

Dr. Mbua, goes on the record in the article by saying evolution is a fact, but it is not. At best, evolution is an unproven conjecture. At worst, it is the work of that sly old serpent to pull us even further away from God. Evolution is nothing more than a theory, which means it has not been unequivocally proven through laboratory testing. It is nothing more than a possible explanation for fossil evidence and modern observations, even then it is not even a good one. It has one fatal flaw. Scientists will regularly admit to the principle of causality, everything that happens has a cause, but evolution makes the claim that at a single point in time the universe sprang into being spontaneously without cause. This claim seems rather inconsistent if you ask me. Yet, people will insist that this pile of horse excrement is fact. At least, Christianity is consistent in its claims that God is in control and all powerful.

Oh well, while I am too stubborn to give up on these sightless people, I think that they will never believe the Genesis account until that day nobody can deny that God is God.


-Tour Guide: Next, we come to the splendidly preserved pizza paddle. Scientists theorize it was used to gently discipline the delivery boy.
Fry: Wait a second! This is Panucci's! I used to work in this exact pizzeria! And for your information lady, this was not just used to paddle my butt, it was also used to move pizzas and crush rats.
- Tour Guide: I don't know where you get your facts sir but I am a volunteer housewife with 45 minutes orientation and a harlequin romance about archaeologists!
Fry: Don't wave your fancy degrees at me

No comments: