Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Children Are A Blessing?

Actually, I have no doubt that children are a blessing. "Blessed is the man who's quiver is full..." (Ps 127:5) No the actual question is a case study item brought up else where in Lutheran corners of the great big WWW. The question is how do you respond to the single mother of X number of kids who has never married and says "Children are a blessing."

This is a good question, not because the truth is hard to discern, rather how do you respond. How do you communicate the truth that, yes children are a blessing but the ends do not justify the means. I suspect, but I don't know, that part of the unspoken message is at least I didn't murder my kids. But how do you answer in a way to take away the unsaid implication and still phrase things in away that she will listen and receive the truth without rejecting it just because of how you said it?

No comments: