Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Will Gov. Crist support state funding of infanticide?

I couldn't ask for a better topic for my launch into the blogosphere. The defense of the gift of human life has always been a high priority for myself, so it really sparked my interest to see that in my state they are considering a bill in the House (HB 555), check it out at The Ledger, that would mandate 20 million dollars over ten years to support stem cell research of all types. Gov Crist, it seems has a chance to do the proper job as a servant of the people and defend those who can not defend themselves by publicly declaring a position against the bill and then follow through by vetoing the bill should it pass. However, it does not appear likely that Crist is going to take a stance against the bill considering the following quote.

"I think it's important, and we talked about it during the campaign, because of the promise it has for maybe the curing ... of many diseases and maladies that exist for a lot of our citizens," Crist said.


If this is the case I am going to sorely regret voting for him in the last election.


And now an editorial comment by Morbo

- PUNY and FOOLISH Humans! Killing your young will only make it easier for my people to crush and destroy YOU!

How correct you are, Morbo, the killing of defenseless humans is despicable. It amazes me that people are now so self involved they have lost the most basic drive to defend our young people. Researchers often go onto the record saying the destruction of young children in the search of a particular cell type could lead to advances in medicine, which maybe true. However, no advance is worth the destruction of human life. As it stands adult stem cells are showing a great potential for doing many of the things people have claimed embryonic stem cells could possibly do and bonus you do not have to kill anybody to get them. Reading through journal articles I see that scientists have isolated stem cells in human fat which made me think we could kill two birds with one stone. Have people donate their fat to science. Scientists get their stem cells and bonus gross obesity becomes less of problem. I know I'd sign up.

Psalm 22:9-11 Yet you are he who took me from the womb; you made me trust you at my mother's breasts. On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help.

No comments: