Thursday, March 22, 2007

For the increase of zeal

I have always been Pro-Life, but I never had a great deal of zeal until recently. To be honest I hadn't realized the change until this afternoon as I was doing some research on a totally unrelated subject and I came across the picture of a 22 week old dead baby and my heart was torn. Earlier, I was in principle and action pro-Life, but there was no emotion attached with my beliefs and now there is and I wondered "why?". It is then I realized there is a major reason for this change. And here is that reason,


Meet Rebekah, she is less than a week old in this picture or 36 weeks (counting from the start of the pregnancy - she was born premature). She is now 9 1/2 months, but in this picture she wasn't much older than that poor unloved child left out to die. If holding your own child doesn't change your perceptions, I don't know what will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post man! It takes all three: principle, action, and emotion. I can see principle relating to faith, and action is a very hopeful activity...And the greatest of these is Love. Thanks for sharing the greatest with us.