Monday, February 26, 2007

Reclaiming the Rainbow

Genesis 9:8-16 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him, 9 "Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark; it is for every beast of the earth. 11 I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth." 12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."



It used to be that when you saw a rainbow your first thought was the story of Noah and the Flood, but now when you see the rainbow in places your first thought is homosexual pride. I find it very disturbing how many good and salutary things have been warped by the homosexual community. No longer can we sing Deck the Halls with out somebody giggling at our "gay apparel" because they have co-opted the word 'gay'. Sadly, the Bible is no longer safe from homosexual shenanigans because they try to warp David and Jonathan's relationship and worse Jesus and John's relationship into a sexually perverse idea. It used to be guys could have a close relationship and not think twice about it, now we have to worry will people think the wrong thing?

As sad and disturbing as this trend is I am not surprised because, the old serpent is as wily and cunning as ever. Now, the serpent is not able to create anything but, he is fully capable of warping that which is good. He has done so from the very beginning when he tricked Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit. Old Satan is still up to his tricks as evidenced by the warping of good things by the homosexual community and I for one am not going to put up with it any longer.

I think it is time for us Christians to start taking back what they have stolen and warped. I did it to the Papists back in the 16th century and I am confident we can do it now.

No comments: